The Devil is a Liar and He’s Exposed!

by Naquan on June 24, 2009

The devil is a liar! He wants to detour you from the presence of God and he’s willing to do any and everything to do that. He wants to get you to a point where you throw in the towel and step back from the Lord.  But I come with a word of encouragement; stand strong my friend. Stand strong in the Lord and know that God will give you strength to endure any and every situation.  The Lord tells us that He won’t put more on us than we can bare and the enemy knows this.  Because the enemy knows God’s burdens are light, the enemy will take the littlest things and place it under a microscope to make your circumstances and burdens appear to be bigger and heavier than what it actually is.

Getting to the core of this blog, I’ve been battling the enemy and his many schemes and I want to expose the enemy for what he really is.  It seems as though once I told the Lord yes, the enemy has been working overtime to stop me.  Anyone who knows me knows that I rarely (and I mean rarely) get sick or have headaches; however, since I’ve started working on 2PraiseGod, these two things have occurred more often.  At first, I paid little attention to it because people get headaches and people get sick, but then I realized that these things only happened after church or bible study.  For a person who rarely gets headaches or rarely get sick, I found it interesting that this would happen not while watching a movie, listening to loud music or enjoying long walks outside, but instead after attending church.

As I walk with Christ and continue to do His will, one thing I realize is that the enemy is persistent; persistent to stop me and anyone else who seeks to do the will of God.  A few days after rebuking the headaches and sickness, the enemy tried to stop me again but this time with a different approach.  Each time I would work on this site, tiredness would suddenly come upon me in a way that would make me feel as though I’ve stayed up all night and never slept.  The interesting part about this situation is that I work on 2PraiseGod every morning, after a good night’s rest because that’s when I’m at my best.  Even now as I write this blog, I’m rebuking the spirit of fatigue and tiredness in Jesus name.

To a typical person, these things may seem little, but I want to expose the enemy.  Many times, the enemy will send a spirit of doubt, sickness, intimidation, fear and etc to you with the purpose of tormenting and discouraging you.  The Bible tells us in 2 Timothy 1:7 that,” God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”  This scripture lets us know that God is not the author of fear nor has he given us the spirit of fear (which often times is entered by doubt and intimidation); instead what He has given to you and I is power.  It’s time that the people of God (including myself) walk in the authority God has given us as believers.  God tells us in Luke 10:19, “Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.”

One way to begin walking in the power God has given you is to open your mouth and take authority over the enemy.  Proverbs 18:21 tells us, “Death and life are in the power of the tongue.”  Jesus has placed power in our mouth and this is why we must caution what we say.  Please don’t be oblivious to the schemes of the devil as he comes to kill, steal and destroy.   When the enemy comes against you, bind and rebuke him with your mouth using the Word of God.

When I felt myself getting sick and noticed that it was spiritual, I quickly rebuked  the spirit of sickness and spoke a scripture of healing upon myself (Isaiah 53:5) in Jesus name.  What happen? I was healed and I gave God the praise for it.  The enemy didn’t want me to do that, instead what he wanted me to do was come into agreement with him by using my mouth to declare sickness upon myself.  Many fall into this trap and I pray that after reading this, you no longer will.

Remember, Jesus has given you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you (Luke 10:19).  Walk in the power God has given you and take authority over the enemy today.  God bless you.

Receive spiritual words of encouragement and daily devotions for Christian everyday living by RSS feed or via email. Thanks for visiting and God bless you :)

No related posts.

Dexter September 21, 2009 at 1:30 pm

I agree with you.I’m also in a battle with the enemy.Yes, thank God for his word and his grace, -We always win.

James 4:7 – “Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you”

God Bless.

Greg Reply:

Thank you for this excellent article. Very encouraging. I’ve been learning this very lesson myself a very hard way. I was tempted to think in a way I never dreamed I could. That sent me into depression and it had me agreeing with the enemy for a long time — until a few months ago (with God’s help) I realized the very thing you are teaching here — that it was all the enemy. Now I’m learning to stand firm against it and speak good things, instead of evil, as I had been doing. In the mean time, I still need emotional healing, which I’m also believing for.

Cas October 6, 2009 at 10:16 pm

Thank you for being obedient to God and publishing this message , I and many other christians need to start embracing this message of power and authority over the enemy thank you!

Tony January 22, 2010 at 9:46 am

Im in battle right now and this is a word in season..thanks

Naquan January 22, 2010 at 10:38 am

I pray for your strength right now in the name of Jesus. That no weapon formed against you shall prosper. God bless you.

Ntebo January 3, 2011 at 3:22 am

Just wana Thank The Lord God Almighty for helping me to make it this far, I’ve achieved lot of things through him, I know I’ve been disappointing him but Just wana Thank him 4 his 4givess, The Lord is full of Mecy & Love indeed, And if there one thing that I desire from the Lord is to dwell in his house forever more Psalm 27:4

Liz January 24, 2011 at 1:40 pm

Thank you! What a wonderful message. I believe that Satan is working overtime on me right now. He knows how much I love God and he is trying to discourage me by saying “God doesn’t forgive you, he is mad at you and you will never be with him in eternity” To be honest it scares me at times and I am going to work overtime to! I am going to spend my days praising God and reading my bible; learning who God is and what his purpose for me is. God Bless You!

shanny April 15, 2011 at 9:37 am

Preach!! You have said a mouthful & I am blessed,we all are blessed and I thank you for such kind words & thoughts <3

Malingal May 1, 2011 at 2:49 pm

I hear you Guys talking about the enemy and the things you go through. Its not the first time I hear about it however I feel because its not happening to me or I’m not aware of its occurrence in my life, I have become comfortable with my daily living and the Gospel has been nothing more than sweet melody. Advice please.

mai May 29, 2011 at 9:25 pm

Thank you for this wonderful message. I understand what you have gone thru. We should really not entertain all thoughts and fears.

Eddie June 9, 2011 at 11:00 am

Continue your great work. I was in need of a great word and God led me to this site through an email I recieved from my cousins. I needed this word of encouragement.

Roland La Pierre September 21, 2011 at 12:33 am

Hallelujah!!!

You are putting the devil out of commission!!!

He doesn’t like being exposed and you have caused him to flee and shudder!
We serve a powerful God, the Creator of heaven and earth..and as we live by every WORD of the His Holy Scriptures we have this power not only upon us but in us!

The devil is very strategic and he attacks with much force and precision when we are doing the WILL and WORK of our Father in heaven.

We must persevere and endure as Jesus did…not our will Lord, but your will be done.

We are in THE BATTLE OF SOULS…and we must labor diligently, and put on our ARMOR..which is THE ARMOR OF GOD!!!

I was quite discouraged about a certain situation I’ve been going through for the past 2 months… The devil is a liar and through the spoken word as you mentioned, we rebuke Him in the Name of Jesus…and he shall flee seven ways…for God is with us!

You have encouraged me today and I humbly and graciously thank you for being a servant of our Most High God…I am proud to labor shoulder to shoulder along with brothers’ and sisters’ of God’s Kingdom as we lay down our lives for the Salvation of souls!

I look forward to visiting this site again to see what God will put on your heart next!!!

With much love,
your brother in Christ

Andre November 6, 2011 at 9:22 pm

No weapon formed agaisnt me shall prosper

Alicia December 1, 2011 at 12:47 pm

thank you so much for your encouraging words i really need to hear it, thank you!

Sizwe February 13, 2012 at 5:05 am

thank you for the encouraging words, indeed the devil is the liar in Jesus name. I was also struggling from fear and sometimes fearing to feel free in generally in life. I am dectlared free in the name of Jesus, Alfa & Omega. thank you. In the name of Jesus

Cindy April 1, 2012 at 1:56 pm

The devil has surely made a career out of afflicting me. Trust Jesus, the devil is real. I have been afflicted by evil spirits for a few years now, I hear and see them, they physically attack me and frequently lie. I can only pray that Jesus has not given up on people that are so afflicted, because I blame myself for a corrupt lifestyle. Dont pray and let others lead you astray, it is the work of the devil. The devil knows who he can work through…. I once prayed and heard a beutiful male voice tell me to get my house in order, the devil began working through my ex with encouraging immoral behavior, alchohol and drugs. I wonder if I am permanently damned…… Although I dont understand, if I am permanently damned why I am being so afflicted by evil spirits. Can you offer an opinion? I have had people pray for me, to no avail. I still trust Jesus. I’m just horrified at what will become of me if this spiritual attack continues.

Tsakane November 19, 2012 at 3:09 am

The devil is a liar n he should be shunned. full of schemes he thinks that he can steal all the beautiful work created by the by Lord’s ppl and make it his. let us not lose faith n keep fighting against him thru prayer n livin like Jesus.

Timothy Johnson November 13, 2013 at 11:54 pm

I was also struggling but the devil try to afflict me with,spirits but once paul asked tbe lord could he take away the thorn from his flesh but Jesus said no for my power is made perfect in weakness stay strong and the word of god a.d believe according to your faith it”ll be done unto you.we are 1 body in jesus christ.