When One Door Closes, Another Door Opens

by Naquan on December 15, 2009

Post image for When One Door Closes, Another Door Opens

Trusting God When the Door Seem to Be Closing

With so much happening in the world today – the recession, job lost, and etc it seems like all the doors closes right in front of our faces.  It seems like there’s no way out of the situation we’re in.  We pray and pray (day and night) asking God to open up the windows of opportunity for us, but what do you do when all the doors seems to be closed.  There’s encouragement for you today.

When One Door Closes, Another One Opens

There are times when we pray and ask God for things. “God bless me with a job; give me that promotion at work; help me to pay my bills and etc”.  We ask God for a lot of things.  However, we never ask God to open doors He wants to be open and shut doors He wants to be closed.

Today, I’m looking for a job and it seems as though every door is closing on me.  Turn down after turn down after turn down.  Then I realized that God has something better in store for me.  My plans are not always His plans.

God Has Another Plan for You

Sometimes the things we pray for aren’t the things God has in store for us.  Oftentimes, we pray for little things when God wants to bless us with bigger things.  Sometimes we pray for God to bless us with the wrong things.  I had to encourage myself and tell myself: when one door closes, another one opens.

You may be going through a situation right now feeling as though nothing is working out for your good. You might want to give up and throw the towel in.  I want to encourage you today and tell you not to give up.

When God closes one door He opens up another.  It could be that God wants you to have or be somewhere else in life.  Or that God simply has another route for you to go down.  Sometimes we have to hear no in order to get to where God wants us to be.  Sometimes door closes not because God is against us, but simply because it’s used as a tool to guide us where God wants us to be.

When you feel as though you want to lose hope; don’t!  You want to give up; don’t do it.  Know that God is with you.  Guiding and ordering your footsteps.  He has a specific path just for you to travel down but sometimes as children wondering we lose track and go down the wrong path.  Because of this, God put road blocks in the wrong paths to get us going down the right path.

Finial Words

Be encouraged and know that God has the key to open every door; change every situation and open new windows of opportunities.  Sometimes, road blocks are there to lead you unto the path Jesus would have you to go; sort of like the yellow and white ink in the street guiding you as you drive to your destination.

Be encouraged and know that God does everything for a reason; not for our downfall, but for our good and to His glory. The road blocks we face is simply God guiding us.  Be encouraged in Jesus name knowing that when one door closes, another one opens. God bless you.

Image by: Brad Montgomery

Receive spiritual words of encouragement and daily devotions for Christian everyday living by RSS feed or via email. Thanks for visiting and God bless you :)

No related posts.

Sierra Janea December 31, 2009 at 11:43 pm

God is really speaking to me in all the things you write.

Naquan Reply:

To God be all the Glory. God bless you friend :)

Jesslyn July 22, 2010 at 10:50 pm

Hi,

I came across your blog while goggling . U see, I was retrenched while on maternity leave and I kept dwelling in self-pity, looking at the stupid Door that was slammed in my face.. Reading this entry gave me much encouragement and I will learn to trust the Lord and look at the Windows of opportunities opened for me. God Bless you for being His faithful servant!

Naquan July 29, 2010 at 1:00 am

Hi Jesslyn,

It’s encouraging to my spirit to know that this ministered to you. To God be ALL the glory :)

May God bless you in Jesus name.

Betty August 12, 2010 at 3:34 pm

I’m having a VERY difficult time with this. Facing an imminent job loss at age 58, with every door slamming (not shutting, SLAMMING) in your face despite praying, believing, trusting God’s promises…repeating them over and over … and yet seeing NOTHING. How do you know that you know that “another door opens”?? Maybe I don’t have the faith that I thought I did.

Naquan August 12, 2010 at 7:53 pm

Hi Betty,

As I go through a similar situation right now as I type, I encourage you to hold steadfast on the promises of the Lord. God has NOT brought you this far just to leave you. It is the goal of the devil to discourage you and leave you feeling God is no where to be found in your time of need…but I want to let you know that the devil is a LIAR! and he is DEFEATED!

You asked, “How do you know that you know that “another door opens”??”
Sometimes you don’t know that another door opens until way after the fact. However, I encourage you my sister to know that YOUR GOD SHALL SUPPLY ALL YOUR NEEDS ACCORDING TO HIS RICHES IN GLORY. YOU SHALL LACK NO GOOD THING IN JESUS NAME!

Don’t second guess your faith in the Lord because it’s that very faith that going to get you through this. I know that you’ve prayed, but continue to pray without ceasing. Continue to decree and declare God’s word over your life and situation. Continue to speak those things that be not as though it were. – even when it seems like nothing is changing.

You have a measure of faith my sister….I encourage you to BUILD your faith. How? By reading the Word of God. Reading and breathing God’s living Word in your life. For the scriptures declare that faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God.

I will keep you in my prayer. You are a women of God (with faith) and this too shall pass.

Know that you’re in my prayers Betty. God bless you and remember you are a WOMEN OF GOD! You are a citizen of the Kingdom…You have rights. Speak and Read God’s word…walking by faith and not by sight…I know it’s not easy…,but God has given you the strength and resources needed to see you through.

I know through EXPERIENCE that this isn’t easy. But the only thing that has brought me through and in my right mind was holding steadfast on the Word of the Lord. For the Word of the Lord is my strength.

I pray in Jesus name that you lack no good thing and that you’ll receive speedy employment in Jesus name. That EVERY bill and need will be meet in Jesus name. In Jesus name, I pray that the hand of the devil be lifted and removed. That every promise, blessing, resource be released unto you in Jesus name.

God bless you Betty. You ARE in my prayers. Stay strong.

Victoria Reply:

Thank you for this reply. I needed to remember just this. I feel like I have been picked up emotionally and spiritually from out of the gutter and, while I am too weak to walk, Jesus is carrying me again. I soooooo appriciate your words. The loRD’s glory is shining through you Naquan as I read your powerful words. You truly are blessed by God with the encouragment you are able to give others! :)

Juan August 27, 2010 at 2:12 am

I’m having a difficult time at work , there is a new structure at our company and they keep on moving people into different departements …. i feel demotivated an stressed and feeling like all doors are closing … i was happy with my work until they moved me into another …i like this place but lately i am feeling so stressed and down …should i look for another place ? what if i failed ? As Betty , the same question comes in my mind …” How do you know that you know that “another door opens” ….

Naquan September 5, 2010 at 7:04 pm

Hi Juan,

Whether or not you should seek employment else where is something I encourage you to seek God’s guidance on. If God tells you to seek employment else where, then I encourage you to be obedient to His instructions and not to worry about failure (because God will provide provision). If God tells you to stay, I encourage you to stand still and see the salvation of the Lord.

Do your best at the work place; for it is God that promote you. Your work and efforts has not gone unnoticed to the Lord. Don’t be weary in well doing Juan.

We serve a God who is just. With that being said, God will open doors for you that NO MAN can close. Stay encouraged Juan. You are in my prayers.

God bless you.

Glenn November 3, 2010 at 2:22 pm

Thank you for this message. I really needed it today. May God bless you….

Jan November 17, 2010 at 5:02 pm

First of all let me say I thank God for you for posting this on the internet!! Thank you for letting Him speak through you to others who really need to hear the exact words you said in this message. Even though you posted this almost a year ago, God knew at this point and time I would be seeking His direction for my life and desperate for His intervention and knowing what His will is for my life. He is taking me in a whole new career area (which seems overwhelming) but His hand is in this job and that I know full well!
Reading this entry gave me much encouragement and I will learn to trust the Lord with all my heart and lean not to my own understanding but in all my ways acknowledge Him and He will direct my path. Thank you, Naquan and God Bless You!

Stef December 29, 2010 at 4:18 pm

Dearest Naquan,

Many blessing to you. I know this article was written sometime ago, but God is timely and amazing as He knew I’d be searching for insight, and allowed me to be blessed with reading these words of encouragement. And it did exactly that.

Praise be to God, and God bless you!

Dale February 27, 2011 at 4:01 pm

Hi I searched ‘God closing one door and opening another’ and your devo opened up. Yes I agree and was wondering if there was a scripture reference to go with that. I see it is a re occuring theme in the Bible,but no scripture verse? How can that be???? Thanks Dale

Yvette Thomas May 11, 2011 at 5:38 pm

I feel so lost right now, however I also know that God will open a window of opportunity for me in his own time.I am going to volunteer at the VA hospital in stead of feeling sorry for myself.I want to help someone whom needs my help.

Yvette Thomas

Georgina July 1, 2011 at 12:08 am

Dear Naquan,

I was BLESSED indeed, God closes door that no man opens and He Opens door that no man closes. Alelujah! I have experienced this…I completed my Bachelor in Social and Religious Studies in 2010, didn’t apply for job, however, I just wrote a letter of interest to my ex- institution (Divine Word Unversity) and during the the Christmas I was helping dad out in ministering the Word of God. Actually my dad is a Standards Officer but he preaches the Word of God.

To cut the long story short, I did my part to type dad’s sermons and after the Christmas Crusade, I received a phone call from the HRM in Divine Word Unviersity for me to work as an EXECUTIVE OFFICER TO THE DEANS.

WHOA!! GOD GETS ALL THE GLORY!

My encouragement to those in this kind of situation please: Note that God Alone knows the plans he has for us, Plans to bring us PROSPERITY and not DISASTER and plans to bring about the FUTURE we hope for. Jeremiah 29:11.

Geneva Love August 15, 2011 at 3:50 pm

Enjoyed reading this. I’ve been saying to me children for years that God never closes a door without opening one to something better. Unfortunately for me I never pinpointed a Scripture Reference for my saying. Now I need a reference and I’m unable to furnish one. Jer 29:11 helps but it isn’t the one I’m looking for. I will continue looking in my Bible and if I find what I’m looking for I will send it to you. Thanks from Geneva Love.

Natasha February 9, 2012 at 8:36 am

This was a much needed read for me this morning. To God be the Glory!!! Amen!!

Cheryl February 15, 2012 at 9:30 pm

My hours has been reduced at work, since I been with this company since 2010 I never enjoyed my summers off. I work at a school and been doing it for sometime now. This year they cut my hours down to 4 hours when I was a 7 hour worker. The union is fighting for our hrs. Back the rsd people hired this outside contractor company from out of town. I like to stay in the school system this is my Childs last year of school. I have time to kill in the morning while I go in late, and time to kill in the evenings before my child get out of school. This is very stressful, and I commutes to work. Barely making enough money to pay my bills,and pay for gas.but I keep the faith that my heavenly father will see me through all this.

Charlie March 29, 2012 at 9:21 pm

Amen, Amen and AMEN!!! GOD bless you young Man and continue please in your such uplifting gift (: this note got me thru, Praise GOD from whom all blessings flow! stay encouraged yourself! (: hugs and kisses from your sister in the LORD! GOD Bless all!

Victoria April 18, 2012 at 4:55 pm

I am learning to trust the Lord more and more after reading these posts. I would like to say thank you!!! I know God cares about our problems and I would like to let anyone who is going through tough times like me not to give up. Here are some of the things I have been doing that help:

1. Get right with the Lord BEFORE you seek his promise. If you are walking in the world, like I was God cannot hear you. We have to have a clean heart before coming to Him. If you feel like you are praying and praying and not getting anywhere you might need to reevaluate your actions. Are you deliberately doing something you know is wrong but have yet aknowledged your sin? God cannot and will not hear you. Get right, ask him to look inside your heart and cleanse it, change it. Aknowledge you are a sinner and you want to change. This is the FIRST thing we have to do. If you are not willing to do this, then don’t waste your time. God dosen’t want us to be perfect but to have a pure heart.

2. Read and pray. You will only hear God by seeking him. “Seek me with all of your heart, strength, and soul and you will find me”

3. Trust and thank God. I am at this step now where I have had everydoor literally close on me but I thank God for his promise. When we shun evil and try to keep God’s commandments he WILL bless us. Even though there seems to be no hope for me I thank God that he is faithful.

My problem: (If anyone is wondering)
My husband is in prison for being here illegally. He is facing a 5-6 year prison sentence, and deportation to Mexico for life. We have three small children. Not ONE lawyer I’ve spoke to says we have a chance for him to be able to be here in the U.S.
We literally know not one person in Mexico and I am terrified my kids and I will be out on the street. I was a full time student, while hubby worked. We were such a great family. He is a wonderful father and our kids adore him. My heart is broken into pieces imagining my kids will have no father/provider for 5-6 years. On top of that, we may have to move to Mexico. With his old criminal record (10 years ago) haunting us, we may never get to live in any other country. I do not want to live in Mexico. As it is I have almost no family. I have a mom and dad and thats it! We have no one to help us and well have to start from nothing. I hear people work over there and make $13 a day. Living in 1 bedroom homes with no shower. Im terrified but I think if I stay faithful to God he will bless our family and have mercy on us. I had to get right before I came to God. I knew I was a deliberate sinner but God sees my heart and that I surrunder. Without SURRENDER you Christ cannot help you!

Cheryl wren September 1, 2012 at 1:09 am

I was terminated from my job, they lost the contracts to a lot of schools. I work as a foodservice worker. Been doing it since 2002. Now I do not know what to think or do. I liked being off on weekends and holidays and even the summertime. Every since I gotten with this company every year kept losing the contracts to a lot of schools. I like doing what I was doing. I just pray to my heavenly father that I get another job in that field. I pray that he will I know he will. Pray for me school started and isaac storm pass, and the schools should be opening after labor day. I pray that god will allow me to re-enter back in my line of work. Pray for me as well. When one door closes another will open . I know god will anwser and open another door for me , he has never fail me yet and he never will. He kept me doing that kinda of work every since 02. And I thank him for it. I just have to wait and be patient because he will deliver.

dluvsjc11 October 26, 2012 at 6:07 pm

I am passing through a very hard experience now. My problems are always with relationship not financial. I wish it was financial because emotional pain is far more stronger than any loss of job or money. I met a lot of guys and no one proved to be the right one for me. Actually when I look at my past relations, I do not regret that they broke up with me. I thank God He did not listen to my prayers at that time to help me continue the relationship with them. However, I wonder why God put the same experience the same trouble again and again in my path. Why He put the wrong guys in my path and again the same pain of break up for no big reason. I am passing through the same situation with a guy now and God closed the door again. I feel so much pain and hurt and shame and all bad feelings you can imagine. I am asking God to get me out and be recovered as fast as possible. I pray so God open the door again and waiting for his love and his answer. Please pray for me.

Vanessa Smith July 29, 2013 at 10:15 pm

That really spoke to my heart because I have been applying for different jobs at my company and to tell you the truth I was sigining everything went up on the board I just wanted to get off this twelve hour shift and back on the eight hour shift. But they continue to over look me for day but want to give me night I even tried to sue for discrimination 28 years with the Co. God closed the door on that I have been waiting for a word from God and now I have it.

Karen May 19, 2014 at 9:28 pm

Thanks for those encouraging words. I lost my job over a year ago. It has been so tough for me and my family, because it didn’t have anything to do with my work. It was all done out of spite which hurts so bad. Please pray for me and my family that I wil be able to find a job soon. I have never been out of a job this long in my entire career. Thanks.

Roxanne June 4, 2014 at 7:01 pm

I’m glad I ran across this. I received a job offer after two years, but it wasn’t quite the salary I expected. Now don’t get me wrong I’m grateful, but I am still in the process of dying to myself. I have experienced so many closed doors. God opens this one and I question it. His words plainly states he will provide all my needs. This means to me according to his plan and purpose not my own. Gods ways are not my ways and he wants be to be dependent on him. So I’ve decided to walk through the door he has opened for me. As long as I am in the center of Gods will, everything concerning me will work out for his purpose and plan not mines. We have to be open to whatever road God chooses to take us down. With God in charge we will succeed. Amen!!

Natalie Totire August 21, 2014 at 12:40 am

I can really relate to having turndown after turndown after turndown while looking for jobs, but also, as an artist/writer experiencing even more turndown after turndown in submitting books or applying to work as an illustrator, but I am thankful that I have had several opened windows from indie authors. I like to do a variety of service for God and travel overseas as well. However, no one warned me that I would also experience turndown after turndown when applying for volunteer work and short term mission trips! Now that really hurts, especially when I receive a reply, “You don’t fit in…” They are not paying me, and my beliefs match theirs, I am in good health, and so on, so I do not know what the problem is. Besides, when I asked others for advice, they said it would be good for me, and I wanted to do the work, seemed gifted, so this “don’t fit in” seems to make no sense. OK the door was closed, but is there a way I can tell people to word it differently besides telling me I “don’t fit in”. When you heard this phrase over 100 times, people make you feel like you belong on the moon.

Naquan Reply:

Hi Natalie,

Thank you for commenting and sharing your story. Reading it reminds me of the time I would get from people that I didn’t fit in. While I didn’t hear audibly from people, “you don’t fit in”, their actions and how they treated me told me the same. While the world makes it seem like not fitting in is a bad thing, in actuality it’s not; it can be a rather good thing. Continue to be the individual that God purposed you to be and watch what doors He will open for you. God bless you.