God’s Ways Are Not Our Ways

by Naquan on March 4, 2010

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts (scripture: Isaiah 55:8-9; KJV).

The part I really want to focus on is where it says, “neither are your ways my ways.”  It wasn’t until I begin my Christian walk with God that I was able to realize the truth and reality of this bible verse; that in fact God’s ways are not our ways.

There are many times when I want to do things my way; because my way at the moment seems logical or appeases how I feel and/or what.  I remember last year when I had to learn the lesson of doing things God’s way…the hard way.

His Ways Are Not My Ways

It was right before the spring semester of college and God was transitioning my family physically and spiritually.  I believe God did not want me to enroll spring of 09, but because of the desire to do things my way, I enrolled anyway.

Long story short, the consequence of my disobedience resulted in me dropping and failing a course.  (Keep in mind that prior to this, I had a 3.8 GPA; maintaining all A’s and B’s; never failing a course).  Needless to say, I knew it was God speaking to me, showing me He had a different plan for my life.

God’s Ways Are Not Your Ways

As it may relate to you; there are going to be times when God does something in your life and you question His motives.  There will be times when you make plans to do something and God instructs you to ditch your plans and follow Him.

There will be times when you don’t understand why God is allowing certain things to happen in your life.  I want to encourage you to trust and be obedient to the Lord because the ways of God are not our ways.

It’s so easy to get caught up in what we want and how we want it done, but we must remember that we are here on earth to do God’s will; not ours.

Don’t stress yourself out on trying to understand the ways of God because His ways are past finding out; for the scripture declares it is impossible for us to understand His decisions and His ways! (Romans 11:33).

The ways of our God are mysterious, perfect, unfathomable, inscrutable and unexplainable.   They are higher than our ways.  If you’re going to have a relationship with God, you must realize that God’s ways are not man’s ways.  You must learn to trust His ways because He’s omniscient (all knowing) and knows what’s best for you.

Although doing things God’s way is hard at times, rest knowing when God ordains something to be so in your life, God will give you the tools and resources needed to do His instruct and provide the strength and provisions needed to guide you through.

Conclusion

Regardless of what happens as a result of your obedience, know that God’s way is still the best way and living God’s way is much more rewarding than living life the way we want or believe is right.

Remember, you serve a God who’s all knowing, who knows the beginning and thee end.  With that in mind, why would God, being so loving and all knowing, steer you the wrong way?

Be encouraged to start living according to God’s purpose for your life.  His ways are not our ways and His way is the best way for our lives.  God bless you in Jesus name.

Receive spiritual words of encouragement and daily devotions for Christian everyday living by RSS feed or via email. Thanks for visiting and God bless you :)

Related posts:

1. Trusting God When You Don’t Understand
  2. Paralyzed By Fear
  3. Trusting and Waiting on the Lord

{ 1 trackback }

Trusting God When You Don’t Understand | Christian Devotional
March 23, 2012 at 6:13 pm

mercy adeyanju mabwe May 19, 2010 at 10:22 pm

I was sincerely encouraged and strongly reminded that we serve a all knowing God and that with Him we cannot go wrong. Living according to His Purpose, That is all we were created for. Thanks for the encouragement.

Naquan May 19, 2010 at 10:41 pm

Hey Mercy :D

I am glad you’re encouraged. I give God all the glory and honor. We indeed do serve a God who is all knowing…and with that being said, we must learn to trust this all knowing God….we must learn to trust his instruction and paths for our lives.

It’s not always easy, but Jesus does promise to be with us always. I have come to find out that when you learn to trust God, you’ll find yourself not stressing and worrying all the time. I strive daily to trust in the Lord because He knows all things.

Susan November 30, 2010 at 7:20 am

My first born again experience with God was a word faith church. I never got it or understood it. Bible study has shown me that , yes faith can move mountains but the move has to be His will, not mine. All of the believe and receive teaching is not really biblical because the prayers are our will not His. I have learned to trust him and his will. It is finding what His will is that can be difficult. :)

Elmer Medina November 5, 2011 at 10:03 pm

That’s right. Earlier this summer I wanted to write a novel based on a cartoon I was developing for christian children and non-christians as a way to use my art for the Lord. I strayed from the path by wanting to write a series of novels and God made me realize how wrong I was, I was following my own path rather than his. He allowed my novel to be erased in my college’s files where I could never get it back. I was locked in fear that someone would find it, steal it and profit from my ideas, I was locked in a state of depression for weeks having worked on that novel and it’s sequel for two months. Now I realize the hard way how God’s ways are so very different from ours.

kgomotso February 25, 2012 at 1:28 am

Realy God’s ways are difficult to know i’am going through a period where God wants to bless me but He said He wants to strech me first and now i feel that strech in my life

Samuel Santhasekaran Victor May 15, 2013 at 3:58 am

Dear Beloved,
I fully agree and believe his ways are not our ways. I also believe God is good All the time. So whatever happens to us, He is in control if we follow him and trust him. My 14 year old sweet, beautiful daughter went brain dead, in an unexpected 3 hrs events suddenly on 8th March 2012. She was sick with fever and she complained head ache in the afternoon. Suddenly fainted around 5PM. We took her to hospital and she was declared brain dead at 8PM. We kept her under ventillator for 5 days and in the end we accepted Lord’s decision and removed the ventillator on 14th March 2012. It was very difficult to accept an event which was not according to our will. Eventhough we were very upset, as a family we decided to be with the Lord till the end. God gave us strength to be with him and the thanksgiving prayer meeting and the first year anniversary prayer meeting was conducted to proclaim his glory. Praise, Glory and honor are only to him. Psalm says Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. We could felt the comfort of God when we spent time on prayer and his worship. God has given us a son who is 10 years old. We all sing God’s Glory as a witness to God. I am sure God will reveal why he allowed my daughter’s death.
You can see the tributes we have made which is availabl in you tube. ( Please search for Nimshi or Nimshi birthday tribute.
His ways are not explorable. But he has given me the right to be His son. With that right I will wait at his presence to understand his plan for me. Amen