Trusting God When You Don’t Understand

by Naquan on April 2, 2010

It’s easy to say, “give your cares to the Lord and trust Him” when everything in life seems to be going well.  It’s easy to say, “I trust you Lord with everything I own” when bills are paid on time and when you just got a promotion at work.

However, if God striped you of everything you own; If God told you to leave the very job that’s paying your bills, will you trust the Lord enough to do it?  Will you trust God even when you don’t understand; even when life hurts?  If God told you to leave the familiar and enter the unfamiliar, will you trust Him?

For many of you, God has done just that.  He has taken you from what’s “oh so familiar” and redirected your paths into the unfamiliar.  You don’t understand what’s happening in your life; what to do or where to go.  The only thing you know is that the Lord gave you a word (instruction, a promise, vision, etc) and the only thing you have to hold on to is that word.

I understand the feeling; you’re not alone.  There is encouragement for you today.  Here are 4 things to remember whenever you feel as though you don’t understand what God is doing and/or allowing in your life.

Consider the Source

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last (Revelation 22:13).

Who else can say that but God?  No one, only God can say such a thing.  God knows everything: the past, current and future and our knowledge and understanding doesn’t even compare to the knowledge and understanding of God –  even when it applies to our own life.

Furthermore, when you don’t understand what God is doing in your life, consider the source – Who is it that you’re trusting; God or yourself?

Here is something to remember.  Man is fallible; we fall short and at times we’re unable to keep our promises.  Man can give you instructions that are misleading and imperfect.  With God, none of these things are possible.  God keeps His promises, God gives you right instructions according to His perfect will and He won’t mislead you.

No matter how much you don’t understand life as it is right now; no matter how uncomfortable it may seem or how hard it gets, don’t give up.  If God is with you -  the same God who spoke life into you, the same God who IS and knows the beginning and the end, the same God who knew you before the foundation of this world -is with you, then ask yourself who or WHAT can stand against you.

Consider the source and seek to be obedient to the Lord, even when you don t understand what God is doing in your life; don’t worry about “this or that” because God has provisions for you.

Trust the Lord

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding (Proverbs 3:5).

When you learn to trust the Lord, you will begin to have a sense of rest in the Lord knowing that He has everything under control even when life seems to be out of control.  Trusting God will get you to the point where you make a decision to trust in Him and NOT in your own logic and understanding.

As Christians, we must make a decision to trust Him regardless of how scary the situation may seem.  Trusting God doesn’t prevent you from being in uncomfortable situations but it does allow you to be placed in a position where you seek the Lord’s presence, provisions, guidance and promises.

I encourage you to stop stressing yourself out- losing sleep, being weary, anxious, worried, depressed and sad.  Don’t try to understand the ways of God because it is impossible for you to understand His decisions and ways! (Romans 11:33). The natural man cannot understand the things of God.  For God’s ways are higher than mans, they are past finding out and this is why we must make a decision to trust our all knowing God.

Be Obedient

The bible states that “obedience is better than sacrifice (1 Samuel 15:22)” which should tell you a lot about our God.  God places significance on obedience.  He’ll much rather you be obedient to His instruction than for you to give Him sacrificial praise, money offerings, fasting and etc.

Why do I bring obedience up?  Because when God gives you instruction and you’re in a situation where you don’t understand what’s going on in your life, you need to be reminded to be obedient and to trust in the one who does understand – Christ.   There are blessings that follow a person who is obedient just as there are curses that follows a person who is disobedient.

God Will Lead You

The LORD had said to Abram, “Leave your native country, your relatives, and your father’s family, and go to the land that I will show you” (Genesis 12:1).

God told Abraham to leave everything he knew; everything he was familiar with and to enter into the unfamiliar.  God told him to go into a land which he will show him which meant Abraham didn’t know where he was going; He only had the instruction of the Lord to depend on.  Abraham could have easily said, “God, where will I go; what will I eat and drink”, but he didn’t.  He chose to trust God and be obedient and as Christians we must learn to do the same.

“It was by faith that Abraham obeyed when God called him to leave home and go to another land that God would give him as his inheritance. He went without knowing where he was going” (Hebrews 11:8).

As much as we would like God to give us “what where when and how” upfront all the time (all in one shot), God does not operate like that.  Sometimes, God will place you in a satiation where you have to trust Him and He’ll give you piece by piece as you obey and trust Him.

As a person who’s been in this situation, I will tell you that this only increases your faith as you learn to walk by faith and not by sight.

Trusting God When You Don’t Understand: Finial Words

I don’t know what your story is (your more than welcome to share it below), but I encourage you to trust God even when you don t understand what’s happening in your life.

You may not understand life and all that’s happening; but God will give you a piece to the puzzle as you learn to step out on faith, trust and obey him.

Don’t let the devil fool you into believing that you’re taking a step backwards in life or that you’ll never make it out of this situation; because you will.  What you’re going through is temporary.

Encourage yourself in the Lord daily; read His word; pray without ceasing and seek His face.  The next time you find yourself in a position where you are stressed and worried about what God is doing in your life remember to:

1. Consider the Source
  2. Trust the Lord
  3. Be Obedient
  4. Trust God to Lead You

Prayer for Trusting God’s When You Don’t Understand Life

Heavenly Father,

I ask that you place within me your obedient spirit so that I may be obedient to your instruction.  Help me Lord to walk by faith and not by sight.  I don’t understand what you’re doing in my life, but I make a decision to trust you God.

In this season, I ask that you place within me your spirit of joy, peace and rest.  Give me joy; peace and rest to endure all that comes my way.  Right now, I make a decision to trust you Lord because I know that you’re in control of my life even when my life seems to be out of control.

Lord, I thank you for clarity, guidance, provision and strength.  I pray and ask for these things in Jesus name; Amen.

Pray and stay in the word of God.  There is strength for you in the word of God.  Trust the Lord and be obedient even when you don’t understand life and what God is doing.  Be blessed and encouraged in Jesus name.

• Twitter
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • MySpace
  • StumbleUpon
  • del.icio.us
  • RSS

Receive spiritual words of encouragement and daily devotions for Christian everyday living by RSS feed or via email. Thanks for visiting and God bless you :)

Related posts:

1. God is Faithful
  2. God’s Ways Are Not Our Ways

Kim C September 8, 2011 at 9:58 pm

I found this just when I needed to be reminded of God’s sovereignty, and how I must remember that HE is the Lord and Ruler of my life. I am currently in a ministry position, working with a pastor who does not preach the Gospel, does not focus on the Word and prayer, and treats “his” employees badly. I have boldly defended the Gospel in the power of the Holy Spirit, only to be told I am judgmental, critical, and think I am the only one who knows how to do ministry. I know without a doubt that God is calling me to flee from this situation, fully trusting Him for provision and finances. I have no peace, but know that my peace will be restored when I obey God and turn in my resignation.

Thank you for your timely word. God bless you.

Kim

Constance October 14, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Thank you so much, I am really encouraged. I just received a phone call, letting me know that I dint get the position that I applied for. I was so sad, because I really thought I would get that position but I also I know that GOD has great plans for my life.

Mark Reply:

Hello Constance, i know its been awhile since you wrote, but i was touched by your short story of trusting and having faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. Sometimes the answer to our prayers is simply “no” That job or person we think would change our lives for the better is not what is best for us in the long run and God knows this.
I recently read an article by a doctor who was in a coma for a week and swears Heaven is real and he was there and thre message he received was more beautiful than we can imagine. The three main messages were:

“You are loved and cherished, dearly, forever”

“You have nothing to fear”

“There is nothing you can do wrong”

If i have learned anything, it is that we will be with God throughout eternity, much, much, much longer than we will be on this earth. Life is so short and i live every day to do His will. I can do all things thru Christ who strengthens me.
I wish you the best and love you as a fellow child of God.
Sincerly…Mark

Isabella October 14, 2011 at 1:40 pm

Thank you so much for this article for the words of encouragement that God gave you to share with us, I read this today Oct-14-2011 and it was just what I need to hear to lift up my spirit and don’t forget that God is always there and todat He used you in my life, I am going thru all diffrent trials but in my heart I know that if He changed me from a drug addiction, physical abuse and gave me a new life, He will do it again. God Bless You !! May the Lord keep using You for His Kingdom.

Dee October 25, 2011 at 2:05 pm

Three years ago my beloved husband of 29 married years passed away. We ha
been together since the 8th grade. We did everything together. We were even business partners. Needless to say, my heart is shattered. During the time of my husbands illness, we saw God work in so many ways. Always giving praise and glory to God for what we knew he was doing . During the same time of caring for my husband, my family and I were caring for my aunt that had Dementia. I moved her into our home and had to carry her to work with us. God blessed me with his strength and peace to experience the peace of God. I felt so privileged to be able to care for my loved ones without placing them in hospice care. Three different times, God spoke to me. Each time it was at 3:00 A. M. He (God) called me by name (1) He said Discernment, Discernment. (2)Proverbs,Proverbs. I went to the Bible and opened it to Proverbs. There were so many Proverbs, I asked God to make it clearer to me. About 2 weeks later, God spoke the words Proverbs 3 so clear to me. Since that time I have heard Proverbs 3 so many times. I was at church one evening when I was approached by a woman had I noticed only once before and never saw again after she spoke to me . I noticed the woman because as she stood with the rest of the congregation, she had her hands behind her back and she was pulling on a white scalloped cloth. As some of the congregation left their seats to greet everyone, this woman who wore the same outfit both times I saw her came all the way around the section we were sitting in and approached me. As I extended my hand to greet her, she pulled me into her embrace and whispered in my ear theses words. “Why are you so worried? Why are you so worried? as I slightly pulled away from her and repeated the words she had spoken back to her, she slightly pushed me away and said,” I’M ONLY HERE TO LET YOU KNOW IT’S ALREADY DONE. She then walked away and I have never seen this woman again and know one that I asked about this lady, knows of her. Needless to say, I ‘m left even more confused. God spoke to me in the darkest time of my life. Since my husband passing, I’ve had one problem after another.

Weary Traveller October 25, 2011 at 7:32 pm

I came to the US seven years ago alone and had the courage to come despite many health problems in my past because I trusted God. He was faithful throughout the seven years of struggle here. Recently, I resigned from a stressful job to start a new one which seemed to be a blessing from God. I worked hard at the new job but I was treated unfairly and fired. It came as a real shock to be fired like that but I felt that God wanted me to leave that job and because I did not have the courage to leave, I was terminated. I did not really understand the situation and now that I have lost the job I will have to leave the US and return to my home country. Now my whole world has turned upside down again, Ive lost my job, my boyfriend will not stand by me and I have to leave the US and start again. The future prospects seem dismal and I do not feel like I have the strength to keep fighting and starting over. I know I need to trust God and this article was very encouraging. Guilt keeps consuming me because I dont feel like I have the strength or will to fight anymore.

Caleb December 1, 2011 at 4:39 pm

Reading this really helped me and gave me more hope. See for the pasted 2 months I’ve been playing the waiting game with God. 2 months ago my girlfriend of 2 years and I broke up, something I really thought would never happen, but it did. For the first 2 weeks after the break up I tried to get her back as fast as I could, but nothing seemed to change her mind. I soon realized then that if we should get back together it’s going to be by the work of God, not me. Because it’s Him that makes things happen and not me. I know now that this happen for a reason and God has to teach me something out of this situation. Although, I’m not fully sure of what God is teaching me right now I am still keeping my eyes and ears open for Him to have me learn. I have learned this though, sometimes for God to help us He’s got to hurt us first. Because it’s through our pain and hurt that He opens our hearts to Him and are really able to turn to Him with all our attention, and that’s what He wants always, our full attention. This is really the first time in my life that I can remember that I’ve had no choice, but to walk by faith and trust him every day. He is doing a great job by giving me comfort every day and reminding me that His timing is perfect, so if He wants my girlfriend and I to get back together He will make it happen when He wants it to and He will do it in a way that brings glory to Him and makes us come closer to Him.

Joan December 7, 2011 at 3:07 pm

This is so encouraging for me. My son was recently diagnosed with a disorder that is effecting his brain and there is no treatment. I am trusting and praying that God will stop the progression of this disease so there is no further brain damage.

tapiwa December 17, 2011 at 3:57 pm

well,l googled ‘how to trust God when u dont understand’ and this article was on top. I have gone through a lot in these past 2 years and right now l felt like giving up. When l read your article it uplifted me. I was thinking of ending my life but my Spirit strongly resists and led me 2 this article. I have decided to seek Christian counsel and talk to someone who can help me get through the emotional rollercoaster l am in. Thank you.

Holly Davis December 18, 2011 at 11:44 pm

Thank you for this scripture. I believe in God! I wondered why God allowed bad things to happen to Good people. I realize that he has a purpose different than the plan we choose for ourselves. However, I can’t give up no matter how hard my trails and challenges are. Not many people in the world have the opportunity to create change and equality on a national level. So no matter what happens I believe that my suffering and injustices will end one day. When that day comes I will be able to share how God provided my every need.

Thank you for this scripture and encouragement. Don’t stop sharing God’s truth!

Tonya January 6, 2012 at 8:58 pm

Hello, I want to trust God a lot but the enemy is attacking my mind and thoughts. I have relationship problems with the father of my children and I pray that his heart will change, so we will have better relations with each other. I am also unemployed but passed a state exam and currently obtain my insurance license; however, I have been fearful as a new insurance agent to sell insurance to complete strangers. Therefore, I have not sold any policies or made any money in this field, due to fear. I believe that God did’nt bring me this far to leave me because He also knows I need money and/or a job very soon. My unemployment is about to run out completely in a month. I don’t just want a job, I want a career path ad believe that God is trying to tell me something. I also have always been independant with an entreprenual spirit.

Amy January 25, 2012 at 8:57 am

I’m distressed. I was hired for the perfect job in September — telecommuting as a public relations specialist for a startup tech company I’d been working with as a freelancer since last Spring. 9/17, the day before my birthday, they said I’d be receiving shares of the company. Every so often since then, they said payroll would be “soon.” It came to the point, however, that I could not continue working without payment. I prayed but also worried then was bold and said I did not have the resources to continue and I needed to be paid for this job.

Now my boss, who is in a distant state, has been successfully avoiding me for two weeks! I have sent respectful but firm emails. My husband (who himself does not have and will not get a job) is constantly disappointed in my lack of boldness. It also seems that all freelance work has completely dried up. I’m praying for the boldness to go before God and ask for what I need. I’m praying for the strength to speak to my mountain (ongoing joblessness and poverty) and believe it will be cast into the sea.

I do believe God CAN move these mountains. I’m just having trouble with believing he WILL do so on my behalf. I’m a devout believer and do a lot to serve God — not that one has to in order to have God’s power in their life.

I don’t know what else to do!

Naquan January 25, 2012 at 10:14 pm

Amy,

As I was reading your comment, I am reminded of something I read earlier today, Matthew 8:5-13 which talks about The Faith of a Centurion. I encourage you to read it. I encourage you to not let this situation move you from your stance in trusting God to provide. Although the situation looks discouraging, this is where we should cling onto God and hold on to our faith like never before.

I pray that God opens unexpected doors for you. That there will be no lack in your household. That every need shall be supplied according to His riches in glory! I also pray that during this testing period that God will give you the grace (strength) to get through it with exceeding joy knowing that this too will be worked out for your good and to His glory.

You are in my prayers! God bless you!

Kylie Joy Reply:

Amen to this. God said when we are distressed,he is close to us. Also remember that during a test, the teacher is silent. God is right with you. Hold on just a little bit longer, he knows this will make you stronger. God is with you and let no one tell you otherwise.

Please, hold on. God is all we’ve got. The world has nothing for us and its pleasures only destreoy the soul. God is true..look at Job, see how he held on? Your situation hasn’t reached that point so be encouraged. Wish I could give you a hug. I feel love for you through Jesus.

Me who is writing this depended on my stregth for 3and a half years in college. My results are on a 3rd class and this is the last year for me. My mum is on my neck, I can’t even begin to tell you what I go through. Nobody employs people with a 3rd class anymore but that’s exactly where I’m at. Its not easy for me because I am weak and just too much emotions to ecplain. But guess what? My hope is in Jesus because I believe in him.

Hold on Sis…God will never leave nor forsake us. He said “he will cause everything to work for our good” “he would give us an expected end and a future” “he is our Lord God who takes hold of our right hand and says we should not be afraid,he will help us” and much more promises. Believe ok? I know sometimes its hard to but just keep believeing and stay obedient and pray always because that is our only means of talking to God. Not praying is putting a strain on our relationship with Christ. I love u once again.

Hang in there,help is on the way.

Mamotloang Mohale January 26, 2012 at 9:18 am

For the first time in so many years I find someone who clearly understand what or how I am; I thank God for guiding me to this site today. For seven years now I have been going on with my life not understanding what I have to do and how. God told me what to do but for no apparent reason I kept twisting it until I was no longer sure that it was my imagination or the real thing. But from what I have just read today I realize I’ve been fooling myself and wasted too much time in which I could’ve served God. Thank u so much & God bless u so so much!

Dylan Raines February 7, 2012 at 12:48 pm

This is an incredible post on trusting in the Lord and I found this quite encouraging. I’ve started a social network for people to share what God is doing in our lives, and I would be honored if you would share your insights with our community. BodyofGod.org

Thanks!

Naquan February 7, 2012 at 10:14 pm

To God be all the glory! I will check out your site! God bless you! :D

chichi February 13, 2012 at 10:44 am

jsut to thank you for ur encouraging messages ,their really encouraging to my life,so keep it up,is helpful and educative to man kind.may God keep using u to put smiles on ours faces every day of ur life,May he keep strenghting u ,and also the grace to do his works.you are blessed in jesus name Amen!
Benita.

Shiny March 1, 2012 at 1:06 pm

This website has boosted my spirits. My situation is very similar to what Caleb has mentioned above. I was in a relationship with a person who did not know God, for almost 2 years. He is a Hindu. Though I was a firm believer, I never went out of the way to show what God really is to him. I spent all time with him and less time with God. This happened for one whole year. Though I said my prayers, went for Mass, I used all my free time talking to him rather than with God. All of a sudden, he left me. I never ever thought it would be possible because he loved me so much. I was a bit irritating but he told he will put up with me. But though I did not give much importance to God when I was in this relationship, the moment my world shattered, God held me tight. That is LOVE! Before I could ask him, he directed me wonderfully to move forward with faith and that the relationship will be restored. The Bible readings he led me to and the words he spoke to me kept me amazed. [Followed below]

Shiny March 1, 2012 at 1:15 pm

This website is yet another guidance by my Holy Spirit. My situation is very similar to what Caleb has mentioned above. I was in a relationship with a person for 2 years. He is a Hindu and did not believe in God much. Though I was a firm believer and used to say prayers everyday and went to Mass, though I have seen innumerable miracles by God in my life, somehow I never went out of my way to show him how great my God really is. I spent most of the time with him, not giving much time or importance to God. He was more important to me. I did not realise that it was a bad thing I was doing. One fine day, he left me. I used to be irritating but he loved me so much despite evrything. I never thought he would leave me but all of a sudden it happened. My world was shattered. But before I could ask, God came and hugged me, held me tight. That is LOVE. He asked me to have faith and move forward and gave me the confidence that my relationship will be restored. The way he guided me for the past 1 year has been amazing. It’s been 9 months since he left me but we are very much in touch and I talk to him but there is a difference now. He told me marriage will not work between me and I should be his closest friend. God is directing me. I somehow feel tha this happened for the glory of God to be known. I was given Bible Readings as per my situation. The promises of God are unbelievably amazing.

C March 7, 2012 at 6:08 pm

This message is right on time. I’m really going through and my sister sent this to me. Things are out of control in my life. I’m college educated and I left a job because I thought that’s what God wanted me to do. I’ve been unemployed for over a year and now my husband wants a divorce. He wants me out and has said either way he’s moving out in 2 weeks. I was unable to sleep last night until a friend sent this post to me at like 5am. Thank you for letting God use you.

Will March 9, 2012 at 9:12 pm

Where do I begin? I found this site after utter desperation ….overwhelming feelings have taken over and my constant prayer these days has been to leave this earth and those feelings that have tortured me. How did I get to this spot? Well the story is too long and complicated to relay every detail but the highlights are as follows. My fiancée and best friend of many ears had an affair on me and then to cover her actions made up a story that I battered her. I lost my job and fought to clear my name and for the truth to come out. God prevailed in His justice in my life, but the results have left me feeling utterly abandoned by God. You see this happened 4 years ago and I was se God promised me a complete restoration of my life but the opposite happened even though I won the legal battle I have stayed in ruin ever since. My position never returned I do have a job though. I have tried to date again and so inexplicably every relationship ends in even more sadness. It is almost as if every time I get a ray of hope and walk in it I think maybe it is all over and then it disappears right before my eyes. Why even get those hopeful moments it feels like spiritual powers from above are just messing with me and having a good laugh at my expense. I have been on 27 job interviews and every one end in disappointment

Kylie Joy March 13, 2012 at 8:26 pm

My cheeks are hurting from smiling. This message is excellent to say the least..the presence of the Holy Spirit is clearly all over it.
You know, I used to have this kind of faith until I started letting worry, fear, depression creep in. The devil won’t just let me be, he wants to destroy me by all means but God is with me. This message is encouraging and I would keep reading it. Oh! How I love my Chrsitian brethren. Anyone on bb messenger should add me up 25FA6AA0. Todah and shalom

Abigail March 22, 2012 at 4:02 am

Hi! Your blog is absolutely amazing, and this post hit me spot on. My life really isn’t spiraling out of control, as so many people’s life’s are. (Prayers go out to them) but, recently I’ve noticed I’ve had a hard time trusting the Lord with my life, but I have no idea why I have that fear. I think about all the amazing things Jesus has done for me, and I know it makes no sense to fear truly giving over the pen of my story, and letting him write it. This post has helped me a lot though. I copied your prayer down, so I can read it every day, and remind myself that giving Jesus control isn’t a scary thing. Thank you, for this post, and thank you for helping me! Prayers for you, and God bless!
~Abigail.

Mark Reply:

Hello Abigail, i know its been awhile since you wrote, but i was touched by your short story of trusting and having faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. Sometimes the answer to our prayers is simply “no” That job or person we think would change our lives for the better is not what is best for us in the long run and God knows this.
I recently read an article by a doctor who was in a coma for a week and swears Heaven is real and he was there and the message he received was more beautiful than we can imagine. The three main messages were:

“You are loved and cherished, dearly, forever”

“You have nothing to fear”

“There is nothing you can do wrong”

I wish you the best and love you as a fellow child of God.
Sincerly…Mark

KORRICKIA April 5, 2012 at 4:43 pm

GLORY TO OUR MOST HIGH GOD AND OUR LORD & KING JESUS AND THE PRECIOUS HOLY SPIRIT!!! thank you for this wonderful word of encouragement. I am currently going thru a period of faith testing and God severing those things in my life He cannot use, GLORY! He has shown me part of the awesome plan and vision He is leading me to and I WILL STAND and wait, trust and obey! Hallelujah! only those who endure to the end will be saved!!!!

mary May 24, 2012 at 3:17 pm

I don’t know where to start. I had a job I loved. I had to quit, got very stressful, I asked my husband before I quit was it ok. He said I need to do what is best for me. Well I ended up quitting. After I quit things was different. He said I shouldn’t have quit, I should have let them fired me. I didn’t want to be fired for something I didn’t do. so I quit. After I received my money from my 401 planned, I wanted my husband and I to sit and decide what to do with this money. He wanted no part in it. He said it was my money to do what I wanted to do. I kept trying to get him to help me decide. I even askes him for us to take a trip together. He didn’t want to. He said for me to take a trip myself. Well everytime I would spend money he would say something like, you are spending money like water. I see your money is getting lower and lower. Now I don’t have any money left at least he is talking more to me. He is saying that’s was more money we had in our life at one time since we been together. I said to him I asked you to sit down with me at first, but you didn’t so just let it go. He say he will, but he keep bring it up. I am in the process now of getting another job, one in which I am going to love even better I am sure of. I believe since I prayed about all of this before I quit my job, that God had another plan for me. If I had not spent this money I would have not gotten the opportunity for this job. My husband and I have always been very closed. Except I have always a problem with spending, I ask God to help me with this with my next job if this is God’s plan for me. I spend money but I also help others. The money was spent mostly on decorating our home,since there were complaints about me buying junk before, this time I decided to go out and buy things I liked, not just things because it was cheap. I don’t know what to do to please my husband whom I love with all my heart, but I do know I am going to please God whom has my heart. Any ideas what I am doing wrong, or what I can do. God bless

Carol Reply:

Mame, I am not sure what kind of relationship you have with your husband. As I understand it it looks like your husband controls you. Your control should come from God almighty. However, I am not married and do not think that I will ever be again. I will pray for your husband to not be so controlling and that you will seek the Lord more about your life instead of asking your husband. I know it says in the word to ask your husband about the Lord but, I know the Lord loves you and wants the best for you. He does not want you to suffer and I also know he does not want you to be worshipping your husband. I hope this encourages you. God Bless you sister. Thanks for your post. Take Care of yourself. Carol

Nondumiso September 1, 2012 at 4:26 pm

Just when I was asking my self when will God have mercy on me, when will my trouble stop, what wrong have I done that I deserve all these pains and suffering. But now I know that I have failed myself for me to get all the troubles coming my way. I have cried 70% of my life seeking answers, seeking direction and I have failed myself again and again. Finally with a trouble of the loved one I believe I have an answer or should I say a solution to my problems. I believe that now if I just follow I will find the destination. PRAISE THE LORD

SONJA October 13, 2012 at 6:41 pm

I’M READING THE REPORTS OF OTHERS AND LIFE CHALLENGES WE HAVE ALL FACED ARE DIFFRENT AND DIFFICULT.BUT WE MUST REMEMBER IF WE NEVER WENT THROUGH ANTTHING IN OUR LIVES,HOW WOULD WE CHANGE FOR THE BETTER.ALSO HOW WOULD GOD GET THE GLORY JUST REMEMBER GOD DOES NOT WANT HIS CHILDREN TO SUFFER.MATT 6:33 IF WE CONTINUE TO SEEK HIM FOR HIS WILL AND INSTRUCTION WE CANT GO WRONG. LOOK UP TO THE HEAVENS YES IT WILL GET GOD PROMISED HE WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU NOR FORSAKE YOU!!!

Lynda October 16, 2012 at 7:13 am

I have been so stressed lately about being in a job that I don’t feel called to any more. I have heard from the Lord that I should leave my job: “It will be better when you do”. I hold on to that truth but my human mind keeps creeping up with worries like “Where will you live, what will you eat?”.
At my office desk, I Googled “Trusting God to quit your job” and this article came up. I thank you so much for your encouragement. I know that the Lord has something planned through all this, I just want that knowledge to sink down to my heart.

Bubbabeef! October 24, 2012 at 11:35 pm

Very encouraging. This spoke to me today, I pray for myself and all of us to begin to trust God for his hands are more capable than ours. I will be sure to revist, this uplift was fantastic, it let me know that I don’t have to worry because my life is in the hands of he who created the universe.

Bubbabeef! October 24, 2012 at 11:37 pm

I will repost this and a link here on my blog in hope that others may be encouraged as I was.

LaTonya November 5, 2012 at 9:53 am

This has helped me alot I was Wondering how and why things keep happening i had a job at a school part time now it seems no matter what i do to get bavk in school system since new school year nothing is happening i have trusted god and Got off goverment assistance and it seems im going through more with being able take care of family i know God has given me what i need to do my own bussiness tutoring but because of not having enough faith i didnt go through with it.but i now believe god did not open that door because he wonted me to completely trusy him step out on faith and open my own bussiness where he can get all glory tnl you

Patson November 8, 2012 at 9:20 am

Encouraged hey! I feel the presence of God but I am sometimes confused with what happens. The good there is I am very much convunced that IS.

Ash November 10, 2012 at 12:57 am

Hi Everyone,
I have just come across this site while searching for why things are happening in my life right now that are tearing me down. I have been married for almost 4 years. I met my husband while living in another country and after 2 years of being together we moved forward got engaged and got married. It was not long after that I had lost my job while working overseas and while praying for another job which would enable me to continue living my life in that country it became so difficult. I had no luck obtaining work and returned to my home country. When I returned home, my husband (fiancé at the time) stayed in his home country and we moved forward to start the immigration process for him and my step son to move to my home country and begin a life and start a family. I believed at the time that maybe this was a blessing that I lost my job as it was gods plan and moving forward to marry and go through immigration with my husband and step son was gods plan. My step son is still young and I have been in my sons life since he was but months old. Long story short, immigration went smoothly, visits back And forth always worked for us when there was no money and my husband and step son arrived in my home country happy. The last year has been very difficult and I feel like the plan I thought was gods will is not. We have recently separated and my husband who claims to be a Christian man, a man of god, prays and goes to church regularly, reads the bible on a daily basis has been anything but. After sometime I discovered he was cheating, stopped caring(which now I feel for so long was a show) no intent to move forward in life or start a family, did not want to contribute to our life or home. Needless to say, my life has fallen apart. All that goes through my mind is what have I done wrong to deserve this.  He has done so much to hurt me and still claims to be a man of god. To make the best of everything when he left me he said that god was telling him to leave me, so he had to. Since our separation he is keeping my step son away from me and does not want me to be in his life any longer. My step sons biological mother lives in the country the immigrated from and gave over custody to my husband sometime ago. I have stood in place of his mother for sometime and that is why my heart is hurt, he is my son, and I can not allow him to take that away from me.  It feels as if my heart is being ripped from my body daily and it is such a struggle to move forward each day. After all that has happened, I then find out that he is obtaining money from his church to help him start his life and help him build a future for him and his son. I just feel like I am the one being punished. The conclusion I have come to is that my husband used me for a visa to my country and everything seems to have worked in his favour. Sometime I feel so hurt and betrayed and wonder how is it that my husband can do this in gods eyes and live the seperate life he has lived and still have his way work out for him. Sometimes it is hard to believe that god is with me or hearing me when my world is falling apart everyday and my husbands world seems as if god is working for him and providing to him everything he needs and continues to pray for.  I know that I am not supposed to doubt our lord, but knowing that my husband is doing this in front of god, practicing sin, cheating, not just cheating but in a relationship with the biological mother of my step son the whole time, never honoring and protecting his wife, blaming god for his reason for leaving me and all of what he does goes unpunished. I am so lost and I know that my faith in the lord is getting stronger but is so difficult as I constantly feel that I am being punished and coming out with the suffering and pain for what’s going on in my life. I came across this blog tonight and I felt so strongly to write here. I believe it’s a sign from the lord and maybe it will help me in some way and give me some blessing.

God Bless

Dorothy November 24, 2012 at 10:08 pm

Ash ~
I read your post and my heart breaks for you. The same thing happened to my sister and now she is heart broken, as well. I will tell you that there are many false religions out there that claim to be “Christian” and are leading people down very dark paths. You have to know that you did what you thought was right in God’s Eyes and that God will Honor and Bless you for that. You say that it appears that your husband is the one being blessed and you must remember that you are seeing with human eyes and that God sees with the Heart and this man will have to stand before God Almighty and be held accountable for his actions. The road to hell is wide, but the road to heaven is narrow. The Lord never said it would be easy. It’s easy to be a thief, a crook, and take advantage of others to get personal gain, but it isn’t as easy to do right, just, and good and get it. It’s tougher, but worth it, because we get much more. We get spiritual gain. We are right with the Lord, and in the end will profit more than anyone ever could that has done wrong to prosper materialistically. Matthew 6:19-24 says: Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light, But if your eyes are bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness! No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.
May You Be Blessed!
Dottie

Carol February 16, 2013 at 1:44 am

Dee, do not concentrate on the words of this lady concentrate on the words of the Bible. I am not sure if you are still having trouble but, your words encouraged me to keep pressing onward. I have had some confusing days of late and cannot understand what the Lord is doing or going to do. Trust and Obey there is no other way. Be happy in Jesus and trust and Obey. He will make a way where there seems to be no way. God Bless Carol

Zee June 9, 2013 at 1:16 pm

I ran a way from war, I left behind my Family, my love. I have been in this country for 10 years I found my self lost in the immigration system. One court appointment to the next every two years. Even though give work authorization, who would want to hire someone with unknown residency status. So Life has completely passed me by. I aged ten years and reaching my 40s no Job, no love , no kids, no family, no car, no house. Had to st around and see the girl I love given her self out to a guy who could give her somewhat a reasonable protection, I couldn’t go back because if I leave before my case was solved The U.s Gov will not let me back in. Missed on mY parent getting old and living in poor health conditions. My brother became insane and developed shizo———-I can’t say I’m perfect person, but I consider my self good. I believe in God—- I think I got what I deserved for not being perfect but I was hoping he’d lend me a hand to be a better person. I feel like he doesn’t want me —-and it’s my bad.

Brian June 18, 2013 at 3:23 pm

I dont really understand this … I am so frustrated we are supposed to believe in god and trust him and even when im at my angriest or most frustrated i try to talk to god and give him thanks and say well there is a reason but deep down im mad and dont get any of it… it sounds selfish but i think im a good person but everytime i pray or am really in need …NOTHING HAPPENS! so maybe im just not meant to believe or trust i tell myself i have to but then anger enters me and it doesnt happen

liz June 21, 2013 at 6:01 pm

Hi,
Was asking some questions and found my self here. My story began 3 years ago. The my boyfriend and I broke up. When we recently started dating I felt a burden within me; that I there was more I was to do in his life. After our breakup God began to take me through a series of practical lessons. He gave me numerous words concerning my situation and what I would do in his life. Two christian friends of mine separately confirmed to me that this man is my husband and I have an assignment to rebuild in his life and his family. He is presently engaged to another woman in which there was a revelation that this woman would destroy his life and family. Its not been easy to watch someone you love walk down that road especially when God has spoken.
I went through the phase of saying maybe I didn’t here right from God. Maybe I was just kidding my self. But I go through my book where I jot down my experience and thoughts and the words I’ve received from God and I know that because thing don’t look good does not mean I should disregard God afterall Abraham didn’t .
I heard the wedding will be this saturday (tomorrow). But I lean on my heavenly father who does not. Not speak confusion ( isaiah 45 vs
19 Amp) he declares things that are right. I don’t know how God is going to do it, but I know in the process he’s bringing forth a new me.

Dorothy July 17, 2013 at 11:11 pm

Pray that god will the strength to endure the financial hardship that I ak going through. Seem like all my resources are close l. The harder I try the worse they get. I’m believing and trusting God for a break through. Seem like when I’m on the edge ot a break through; satin try to do things to distract me from God. I know God is able to take me through, but it seem so hard .

Dorothy July 20, 2013 at 2:19 am

I am bless by you devotiodonnal message oh How to trust God when you don’t understand.

Bri (Josephine) January 25, 2014 at 11:27 pm

I realize that this blog is dated 2010. I just found it by doing a Google search…”when you don’t understand God’s plan.” And ta-daaa! I was blessed to read this. I seek to be encouraged quite often, and I always find an encouraging word in the most creative ways. I thank you for writing this, and I thank God that there are other people on earth who understand. Family and friends don’t have a clue as to what I am talking about when I share that I am in a “place” where I have to trust God in “unusual” ways, facing “unusual” circumstances that don’t make any sense in the natural, and I’ve been in this “place” for many years now. So I’ve stopped sharing with those closest to me because I’m not interested in hearing their judgment. In 2007, a minister who has a strong prophetic gift…one who I have never met before, told me to study the life of Joseph because I would be able to glean at lot from him who went from the pit to the palace. A sister-in-Christ who knows just a little bit of my story said something similar to me just days later after this minister spoke into my life. She also started calling me Josephine, and I embrace this name, which means in Hebrew “May Jehovah add/give increase,” because yes, I believe my day is coming when I will go from the pit to the palace. But it’s just the in-between time that is very hard for me. I’ve taken steps of faith to move forward in the plans that I know God has ordained for me, and I’ve been knocked down so many times that I’ve wondered why it seems like I’m going backwards, always having to start over. It doesn’t make sense, but it’s only recently, as in the beginning of this new year, that I surrender it all to the Lord. I can no longer continue to ask God the why, how long, or when questions…begging for Him to answer me. Living in peace is a much greater feeling, but I’m not perfect. Therefore, I receive God’s grace and mercy as I make the decision to trust His Word that can never return to Him void, and that’s “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Thank you for your writing ministry. Many blessings to you as God continuously uses you to go forth in touching hearts all around the world! Our God is awesome!

Jessica February 15, 2014 at 5:29 pm

Hi, thank you for this. I’m in a very depressing situation right now and been crying myself to sleep for several days now. Been asking the Lord for answers, but I guess its not how its gonna be. Thank you for reminding me – instead of asking for answers, ask for wisdom to understand the things that i don’t understand; to trust the Lord, not myself, for He knows what He is doing; to open my heart and mind to the fact that i really won’t understand things yet, but in God’s perfect time, I will. God bless you always.

Sheila March 12, 2014 at 11:33 pm

This reading blessed me, tonight. I am in the midst of the fire. Sometimes, I feel like I want GOD to just take me home and let that be. If I’m not going to make GOD glad that He made me, I don’t think I can continue to disappoint Him. I’m not in “sin”, I just don’t think I’m pleasing HIM, IN my life. God knows whether I`m going to complete HIS will. If I’m not then take me home God. I want to PLEASE my heavenly FATHER..

Rachel King April 9, 2014 at 10:39 am

I have been blessed by this material.

God bless you.